As my Grandmother used to tell me...turn off the air and let in God's Fresh Air...
I was inspired to write this blog post, because my Air Conditioning unit stopped working (one day prior to writing this post) and we were forced to open the windows in our home. The temperature outdoors was in the high 70's, however, it was humid outdoors and my daughter began to tell my husband how hot it was in the house. This is when I realized how much we were depending on Air Conditioning.
After the windows were open for about 30 minutes, the temperature in our home was much cooler. In fact, it was great sleeping with the windows open verses chilling our bodies with the Air Conditioning unit. Today I want to share with you the benefits of opening your windows and letting in fresh air. Also, I will share with you negative effects that Air Conditioning can have on the body.
The benefits of opening your windows and letting in Fresh air.According to Natural Health Restored, "A steady supply of fresh air is very important. Fresh air provides you with a steady supply of oxygen which is needed by your brain and every single cell of your body. If you stay in a closed in area for a long period of time, you will end up breathing in the same air over and over again. The oxygen content of the air will go down continually as you (and whoever else happens to be in the room with you) breathe out carbon dioxide and other wastes."
- Removes odors in your home
- It is refreshing and will give you a lift
- Helps the airways of your lungs to dilate more fully and improves the cleansing action of your lungs
- Alters your brain levels of serotonin which helps to improve your mood and promote a sense of happiness and well-being
- Strengthens your immune system by supplying it with the oxygen it needs. White blood cells require more oxygen when working to kill and destroy bacteria, viruses, and germs. Enough oxygen will ensure that they are able to function properly
Negative effects that Air Conditioning can have on the body.
I am not saying that on an extremely hot day, that I will not turn on my Air conditioning, however I want to point out to you that spending too much time in an Air Conditioning building or home does have negative effects on the body and they are as follows:
- Indoor Air Contamination
- Spreads Disease
- Can Cause Workplace illness
- Central air conditioning units, according to the EPA, can spread indoor pollutants such as bacteria, molds, mildew, viruses, pollen and animal dander.
Be sure to open those windows and let in God's Fresh Air!
With your Health/Wellness in mind,