“Excessive stress on a long term basis can make you obese and unhealthy, says Dr. Don Colbert, author of, “The Seven Pillars of Health.” In fact, too much stress can cause memory loss, increase your blood pressure; raise cortisol levels (stress hormones) in your body and many other health problems. Here are five ways to naturally manage and reduce stress:
1. Massages – Weekly or monthly massages reduces anxiety, increases your energy, increases cells that fight cancer and relieves migraines headaches. Massages are becoming more affordable and are a great way to invest in your health & wellness.
2. Drink Chamomile Tea- Enjoying a cup of chamomile tea after a stressful day is a great stress buster! In fact, Chamomile tea naturally relaxes the muscles in your body, helps you to get a restful night’s sleep and reduces stress and tension.
3. Classical Music- A study at the University of Maryland showed that listening to classical music helps to improve the mood, helps you concentrate and helps the body relax. So, be sure to listen to classical music throughout the day.
4. Meditation-According to Elizabeth Scott, M.S., some of the benefits of meditation includes: "slowing your heart rate and breathing, your blood pressure normalizes, you use oxygen more efficiently, and you sweat less. Also, your adrenal glands produce less cortisol (stress hormone), your mind ages at a slower rate, and your immune function improves. Your mind also clears and your creativity increases."
5. Exercise - Taking a 15-30 minute walk daily is a stress reliever. Exercise helps to increase the feel good chemicals in your brain, improves your mood, helps to reduce cortisol levels (stress hormones); reduces tension and ultimately a leads to a calm mind.
As you begin to apply all five of these Natural Stress reducers, your overall health and wellness will improve. Most of all, you will have all the right weapons to Fight stress the Natural Way!