Monday, November 30, 2009
According to Elizabeth Scott, M.S., some of the benefits of meditation includes: "slowing your heart rate and breathing, your blood pressure normalizes, you use oxygen more efficiently, and you sweat less. Also, your adrenal glands produce less cortisol (stress hormone), your mind ages at a slower rate, and your immune function improves. Your mind also clears and your creativity increases."
Furthermore Elizabeth Scott wrote that, People who meditate regularly find it easier to give up life-damaging habits like smoking, drinking and drugs.
3 Steps to Meditation:
1. Find a quiet place in your home to meditate. (the car is also a great place to meditate on a lunch break)
2. Sit in a relaxed position close your eyes and clear your mind. (in a quiet place, or with relaxation music playing)
3. Focus on the relaxation music, something positive, or nothing at all.
My experience with meditation has been wonderful. I prefer to meditate early in the morning (to relaxation or worship music) when everyone in my house is sleeping. This guarantees no interruptions and I am able to start my day with a clear and focused mind!
The more you meditate the more you will enjoy it!
Tuesday, November 10, 2009
"You cannot eat any food with man-made sweetners," according to Kevin Trudeau, author of "The Natural Weightloss Cures "They don't want You to know about. Furthermore, Kevin wrote, " If it says high fructose corn syrup, sucrose, dextrose, or malto dextrose, do not eat it!
"Over time and in large quantities, HFCS and other manipulated fructose sugars can undermine your metabolism, leading to weight gain, high triglyceride levels, type 2 diabetes, hypertension and obesity," according to Marcelle Pick, OB/GYN NP.
Researchers have also found new evidence that soft drinks sweetened with high-fructose corn syrup (HFCS) may contribute to the development of diabetes, particularly in children.
Here are some ways to avoid High Fructose Syrup:
1. Avoid beverages that contain High Fructose corn syrup
2. Avoid fast Foods
3. Read the Label (if it contains High fructose, don't eat it)
4. Only buy drinks that contain sugar or a drink that you can add sugar too (not High Fructose)
In Summary, avoiding drinks and foods that contain High Fructose corn syrup will help you to keep the weight off and lower your risk of developing diabetes.
With Your Health in mind,
Trudeau, Kevin (2007). Weightloss Cures "They Don't Want us to Know About
Tuesday, November 3, 2009
Natural Living 101
Follow Natural Living 101 on Twitter