Tuesday, December 8, 2009
Go Green at Work!
Moreover, many organizations all over the world are working with the EPA to improve the energy performance of the buildings where we shop, work, play, learn and eat. You can Help Too!!
Here are Five ways that you can be Green at work or in your office and start saving energy:
1. During the daylight hours in the winter months, open the blinds in your office or work space to let in the heat from the sun; in the summer, close the blinds to to keep out the heat of the Summer Sun.
2. Enable your power management settings on your computer so that when it is not in use, it goes to a low power mode.
3. Talk with your supervisor or staff about creating a green team to help make the company become energy efficient.
4. Are thermostats set to where they automatically adjust temperatures in the building, so energy is not wasted to cool or warm the building.
5. Having a copier with combined capabilities such as; fax, copy, print and scanner saves energy and space.
For more tips on how to Go Green at work or office, check out the vitual office link created by Energy Star: http://www.energystar.gov/index.cfm?c=bygtw.view_showOffice. Be sure to share these tips with your employer, employees or staff to assure that your office building or work place is going green!
Thanks for visiting the Natural Living 101 Blog. Please post your comments.
Let's Go Green!