Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Gardening is Great for Your Health


Flowers always make people better, happier, and more helpful; they are sunshine,
food and medicine for the soul.
 ~Luther Burbank



In a May 29, 2011 article, Gardening can be good for your health says local health expert, Carol Zimmerman wrote about the many health benefits of gardening, including:
  • lower blood pressure
  • increased immune function
  • reduced stress. 
  • you can also get a full workout
  • muscle endurance
  • muscle strengthening
After reading Zimmerman's article, I was glad that I decided to start a patio garden in my back yard. In fact, I do not have time in the evenings to dig in the yard, so I decided to start my garden in flower pots, because it takes very little time to maintain flowers in pots.

After a busy day or on the weekends I love to relax  in my backyard and enjoy the view of the flowers. Furthermore, after spending time in the backyard surrounded with flowers, I feel so refreshed and rejuvenated.

I hope that you have been inspired to start your own garden or get involved in a community garden for your health & wellness.


Have a Healthy Day!
Shiketa Morgan

Reccommended Reading

No comments:

Post a Comment

Natural Living 101 Headline Animator