According the Deborah Francis, Author of The Joy of Healthy Living, " lemons contain flavonoids that have antioxidant and anti-cancer properties. While these flavanoids have been shown to stop cell division in many cancer cell lines, they are perhaps most interesting for their antibiotic effects."
In the book, Deborah also shared many health benefits from ingesting lemons and today I am going to share five of those health benefits with you:
- Lemons aids in Reducing Blood Pressure. The phytonutrients in the lemons help to control dizziness, nausea and high blood pressure.
- Lemons Promote digestion. Lemons alleviate heartburn, constipation, bloating, belching and parasites
- Lemons Promote Healthy Gums and Teeth. Lemons help to freshen the breath, reduces tooth aches and cures wounds on the gums.
- Lemons help to fight inflections in the throat.
- Lemons helps the body to flush out toxins.
Here are some ideas of how to incorporate/ingest lemons on a daily basis:
Drink a glass of room temperature water with fresh lemons every day.
Using lemons for skin care, Read more
Try a Poppy Seed Lemon Cucumber Salad, Read more
With Your health in mind,
Be sure to get your copy of The Joy of Healthy Living Book! You will enjoy all the health tips in the book.