If you are striving to reduce the amount of animal protein that you eat on a daily basis, enjoying a veggie wrap is a great place to start. As you look at the picture above, you will notice a meat looking ingredient on the lettuce. That meat like ingredient is called " TVP" a.ka. Textured Vegetable Protein.
I want to share with you a quick way to Make a Veggie wrap that is made with TVP. Follow the steps below:
- Boil a pot of water
- For 1-2 servings of TVP, pour 1/4 of the bag in a Large bowl
- When the water has completely boiled, pour over the TVP; stir and let sit for 5-10 minutes.
- You will notice that the TVP is no longer dried, but hydrated and it may look like ground turkey.
- Place a pan on the stove, turn the stove on low, add a vegetable based oil in the skillet and and pour the TVP into the skillet.
- Season the TVP with an Liquid Aminos All Purpose Seasoning made from soy protein and stir. (see picture below)
7. As the TVP cooks in the pan, place Romaine lettuce over a tortilla wrap, then add the TVP, diced
tomatoes and low-fat ranch dressings, wrap and enjoy!
I look forward to your feedback about this post. Feel free to let me know if you have tried this recipe or any recipes made with TVP.
Follow on Twitter @naturaliving101