Epsom salt can be found in local stores for as little as $1.00 and for such a low price....Epsom salt has many health benefits. According to the Epsom Salt Council, the key component in Epsom salt is Magnesium. Studies show that magnesium is:
- An electrolyte, helping to ensure proper muscle, nerve and enzyme function.
- Critical to the proper use of calcium in cells.
- An aid in helping to prevent heart disease and strokes by lowering blood pressure, protecting the elasticity of arteries, preventing blood clots and reducing the risk of sudden heart attack deaths.
- Stress relief
- aids sleep
- improves concentration
- reduces inflammation
- joint pain and muscle cramps
- flushes toxins from the body
- reduces headaches
Add 2 cups of Epsom salt to bath water. Soak for at least 12 minutes three times a week. For a soothing aroma.......Try adding a few drops of Lavender oil.
Mix half a cup of Epsom salt with some warm, soapy water to soften skin and calluses and dry out the bacteria from blisters. Next, remove old polish with a cotton pad soaked with nail polish remover, cut nails straight across with clippers then file them square to remove sharp edges. Soak for five minutes, dip a file into the water and use it to smooth your heels, the balls of your feet and the outer edges of your pinkie toes.